Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ben Said Owl Tonight

DSC_0368
So saying a word is not that big of a deal. Ben has a few that he only says on occasion when he is prompted or bribed with something I am eating. He is not a real wordy guy.

Tonight after I put on his jamys he wanted to look at the Robin painting in his room. He usually points makes some random sound and they flashes the "bird" sign as in ASL signs.

Then he will usually want to look at the other bird collage poster we have in there of over 100 different bird heads in a neat layout. It is cool you should see it but then he will point to differentials birds and sometimes kiss them good night. Its cute.

Tonight was different when we went over the the collage, I am holding him at the level of the thing so he can see it. First thing he does is point at the Snowy Owl head and says "Owl". My jaw dropped, I am astonished, then he points to another owl, the Great Horn and says it again so I knew I wasn't hearing what I wanted to hear. It was really wonderful. A true Father Son moment. Then I call in Shawn and eLainey so he can point and say what he is pointing at. So it was very cool, he did it unprompted, I really haven't been working on it with him other than they were all birds rather than getting specie specific. The only think I can guess where he has been reinforced on owl is in a Wiggles DVD I just got from the Library. There is a Do the Owl song and it shows live action of a Barn Owl. Maybe? Dunno?

1 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Jill said...

that's not an easy word to say either! maybe he'll be a birder like his dad...: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home