Sunday, July 01, 2007

ICL (infant care leave)

My paternity leave begins tomorrow for a month. I think it is one of the coolest things that Microsoft does for its employees. Wether you adopt or roll your own kid every employee qualifies. It will be really nice to help off load Shawn with the daily requirements of our two little ones. I hope to also get a few other things down over the month:

  1. Nap, catch up on rest if that is possible with our current situation.
  2. Tune up the '71 VW Bus - valve adjustment, suspension lube, timing, points, belt, etc
  3. Visit with my folks that are coming out from NH
  4. Visit Helena MT
  5. Take Ben to his 8am Saturday swim lessons (ouch) already missed last weeks
  6. Police the painting crew working on our house
  7. Take the kids to see the sockeye running in the locks
  8. Dev. some site items for the WSC (I am the new webmaster)
  9. Finish a bio I am reading on Einstein
  10. Find the cure for Colic
  11. Tear off the wooden gutters and facia board on the house and garage -> replace somehow.
  12. This one should probably be first - start exercising again and start eating things other than sugar and things with sugar as the main nutritional ingredient
  13. Get real about what can actually be done on this list.

That list has about a 7% chance of 100% completion. I like the nap item, I can do that one. The trip to the locks isn't that out of reach. 8 am swim lessons with little B is not bad, we both like water but neither of us are morning people, we will need caffine for sure. Not sure about the read a book one and the sugar one, well I doubt I will have any time to focus on that.


1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great list. happy paternity leave! that is a great benefit. i vote for naps. worry about the sugar and exercise when you actually get 6 hours of sleep in a row for a week straight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home