Saturday, June 30, 2007

Mr. Tired and Ms. Unhappy (from Gangie's photos)

Here is a shot of me and my lady eLaine. We had a real rough night last night together. Probably the worst, both Shawn and I were right at the breaking point. Sometimes when you get your ass kicked like that it does strange things to your mind. Clears all the other petty garbage housed in there and simplifies things.

I have been complaining about the colic our little blessing has like it is the worst thing in the world. That is really how I felt unfortunately. Today I was reminded how trivial it really is. I thought about some of the friends we have and the issues they have with their little ones. They really make colic seem like a good thing to have to deal with rather than many other conditions that can strike infants. So I want to apologize to those friends if they read this. I am sorry I lost perspective on the entire picture. I have seen and heard about what you are going through.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what you guys are going through isn't easy. not having one full night of sleep is awful, months of it is hell. but perspective is a good thing too. hang in there. this too shall pass.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger achnacroish said...

Good realization, Mr. Tired. However, maintaining a proper perspective while sleep deprived is pretty dang hard. Hang in there - think of you all often. Working on a trip to Seattle so we can spend time with Ms. Unhappy and BBB (Big Brother Ben). Ms. Unhappy she may be, but she's a beauty. Colic becomes her - can't say the same for her Papa.
Love to all, special hugs to our boy Ben - Love GA Em

 

Post a Comment

<< Home