Monday, June 19, 2006

Grilled - 3.5 hours, time to pull it

For my 1st Father's day I thought I would induldge myself with a culinary project. From the Weber "Big-Time Grilling" book I saw a recipe for Pulled Pork. Looked real good, I likey pork fat. On Saturday I went to the market and bought a 5 pound Boston Butt to grill. Sunday I started the fire with 50 coals. Flame On. I let them go grey then separated them as you can see in the pic. Stuck a drip pan with 2 inches of water to make the heat indirect, once the grill top hit 350 the Butt when on fat up. Around 2.5 hours I stuck the pig with a remote thermometer so I could monitor the core temp with out opening the lid and stabbing it all the time with my handheld. After I pulled it off I let is rest for about 20-30, then I pulled the pork and we ate in on some burger buns. Oh yeah I made some west carolina bbq sauce during the long burn time. It was a great Father's day, not to mention all the gifts and cards I got from Ben, Shawn and the Fam.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very distressed that I missed this event. You need to post pictures of you enjoying this feast .....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home