Friday, April 07, 2006

The Best webcam I have ever seen - Hornby Island Eagle Nest

A friend at work fwd me a link to this cam. I was like "oh yeah another choppy, shitty, no sound no motion site." Then I checked it one time and my jaw hit the spacebar. It has been a week and it is still blowing me away. The cam is streaming at 291 Kbps above the nest high in a tree in Hornby BC. and run by a guy named David.

How good is it, should you check it out. Well I am watching the mom or dad on the next right now. The sky is overcast, the eagle just yawned and is watching a raven fly by. There is a fly hoovering around the lower left of the next and it appears there is only a slight breeze by the soft ruffeling of the eagles feathers. Earlier the Eagle was calling from the nest which woke me up a bit. I forgot this stream had sound. The nest has two eggs currently. I know because I saw the big bird rolling them between sittings. One of my friends saw a switch off yesterday. One parent flew in, switched places and the other flew off. Here is a hint to the genders, female raptors are always larger due to egg production. The other theory is there are different prey targets depending on the size and power of the bird. Check this out, you won't be unmoved.

I have written the owner and operator of the cam asking what Microsoft can do to help him support such an educational site. I will keep you posted on his reply.

Spap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home