Monday, July 21, 2008

Helvetica: A Documentary Film by ......


Since I saw this documentary last week, I have been spreading the word. When you tell someone you just watched a pretty interesting film about the Helvetica font (type face) you get a lot of astonishment, or in my case they just think I am joking. Not joking and the documentary was quite good. The first 60 minutes were very gripping and I would say worth seeing given the uniqueness of the topic and the global use of the type face being discussed.

So check it out if you can. It is on iTunes, Netflix - both on-demand and on disc,
The DVD is available at the library, and will most likely be picking up a copy.

In honor of Helvetica I used Arial font for this entry, Arial is Helvetica for all intents and purposes. To be honest I am a Gill Sans MT user, and have never really embraced Helvetica\Arial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home