Friday, June 13, 2008

Lainey's first haircut


Lainey's first haircut
Originally uploaded by Spappy_joneS
This is the before shot while the hairdresser TeTe was getting prepared. Not sure where or what Ben was getting into, he was on deck for his umpteen cut.

It was a really good experience for me, I was not and still am not the biggest fan of getting my haircut unless I am doing it myself in the basement.

Back in the day (the 80's and 90's) I can remember stepping into the barber shop and being in awe of the layer of blue smoke from the ceiling to the chairs. The floor would crack and crinkle underfoot from the curling linoleum. All the trophies, and photos of the town and its teams, artifacts from the war. Seemed like barbers were always in WWII and members of the legion, he didn't have one of his legs. Then being privy to the conversations the barber was having with some of the town salt, I might as well as not existed, there was no candy, catering to children fell outside their key marketshare. Overall it is a fond memory of bygone years and people. It was a very different time than what the experience is now. It was better, less sterile. But I think I would rather have my kids go where they do, they seem pretty happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home