Friday, May 11, 2007

Lainey is home

We were able to leave Ballard Swedish this morning around 10 or 11 am or so, we have completely lost track of time or rather don't care what time it is. We were really happy to hear that we could leave after only 2 nights. The breeder center was filled to capacity and they were motivated to get us moving on our way. Last night they even made us back up out stuff and move to a smaller room with a shared bath and shower. It was like a euro socialized birthing hostel or some crap. The good thing was the bed that Shawn was in was longer and her feet were not hanging off the end of it.

I was on this pull out couch thing that was waif size. My legs were hanging off the end of it when I was laying across it. I felt like an NBA player except I know I am only avg height. Shawn suggested that I pull the rocking chair over to the end of it and let my feet and legs rest on that. It was a great idea then i fell to sleep with the sounds of TVs from other rooms and toilets flushing near my head. All in all it was a great experience and will not deter me from wanting a 3rd little one.

Shawn and baby Laine are now resting quietly in our bedroom probably for the next hour at best. Now comes the dark itchy curtain of weeks of sleep deprivation and not being able to find things or remember why you are standing in Safeways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home