Friday, November 25, 2005

Torino 2006 - 77 days to go


Shawn, Bob, Fosie and I were lucky enough to go to the Salt Lake 2002 games. We got on the ball real late in the game - after xmas we got tickets and booked travel. Had it not been for 9-11-01 we would have never been able to get housing or flights let alone afford going to the games. Over all it was an incredible experience, we had a killer time, there was not much sleep and one should not go to the olympic games with rest and relaxation on the mind. We must have averaged 4 hours of rest a night, Fosie even less. Bob knew Jimmy Shea who took the gold in skeleton

Before we left SLC 2002 we all vowed to go together to the 2006 games in Italy. Well, none of us are going and we all have perfect excuses that I won't get into here.

I didn't follow the '98 games in Japan. I watched the downhill but that was about all I remember. I remeber the terminator's (Hermann Maier) tremendous crash vividly.

During the Lillehammer '94 games I was between jobs. I was able to watch them every day. This was when I discovered that the NBC coverage sucked and was agonizing to watch and that the CBCs coverage was the best sports coverage I had ever seen. 24hrs and all live. All they need is to provide a HD feed for comcast. I think these were my favorite games, these and Lake Placid 1980.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home