Thursday, October 27, 2005

Syd moved on today

Here is the message my sis sent the family about the ordeal:


Tonight Duncan and I had to let Sydney go. She has been suffering quite a bit over the last 3 days and none of the pain medications had been working. This afternoon she let me know it was time for her to go. We took her in and both of us stayed with her and let her know how much she is loved and how much the family will miss her. It was a very peaceful experience and I'm glad I was able to hold her as she left. The vet said she let go very easily so we know it was the right time.

Duncan and I are terribly sad. We are sitting here watching TV and talking about all of the little things we are going to miss. Like, we won't have to watch where we put our feet when we get off the couch anymore. She used to lay right there and I would step on her all the time. And, she won't be keeping me company during my baths anymore. No more sneaky kisses and worming her way up onto the back cushons on the couch. It will take a long time to get used to her not being a part of our lives anymore.

Do something wonderful for animals in her honor. Extra treats for yours, a donation to an animal charity, pets on the head for the neighbor's dog, whatever works for you. Just honor her and honor the special relationship we have with our dogs.

Bird

2 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home