Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Yawning Syd, sleep well doggie


YawningSyd
Originally uploaded by spappyjones.

This is a my sister's favorite shot of her dog. She found out tonight that this member of her family not long for this world. As you can imagine this is crushing to all that have dogs in their house as their companions and protectors, best friends as well as children. Death of someone is the worst thing for the living to experience. Dogs are the best, death is the worse thing for them. Putting them down is even worse for the ones that raise and cherished them. My intension of this entry is not sap, it is to speak of loss. Sappiness is not one of my greatest assests. I have so much birth in my world and young ones it is natural for death to rear its cold unforgiving, selfish hand.

syd2 Writing epitaphs is not something I have ever been experienced with so I would not say that this one per se. Not sure what goes into one, probably just feeling, and beliefs. This is for my sisters friend that is a dog. For those of you that have never had a dog that under lived you there is know way to understand the absolute anguish of not only the thought of the loss but the actual decision to put the friend down. Here are a few quotes on wour best friends, if you never had a dog I recommend it, you will not be disappointed.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. Will Rogers

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. Roger Caras

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made. M. Acklam

We are all still alive if we are reading this. I can hear my son fussing and diggers snoring on the couch in ben's pappasan. i guess that is my sermon. Focus on our time because we all could be gone any second of the next day or the next moment very cliche I know but when I hear my sister crying on the phone death becomes a reminder of things to come. Syd don't go quietly into that good night.

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks,

It means alot to us to have Syd in your thoughts. I know she apreciates it as well.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya had me crying at work. Thanks so much for understanding. Dogs are the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home