Thursday, May 05, 2005

Co-worker collapse

Yesterday afternoon I was walking down the hall somewhere and I am told by a paniced PM that my friend has collapsed in a close by room. I get there and he is on the floor on his side. He had thrown up a little but was breathing and had a decent pulse. As I was approaching the room all the training I have recieved from the Red Cross started processing in my head. Airway - Heartbeat - Shock - etc. Turns out it was a seizure and he regained his wits in a few minuted in time for the EMS to arrive. Even though I didn't use any hard skills gained in training - knowing what to do and not panicing was enough to take control of the situation and the saftey of my friend until the EMS arrived. This is a program they have for businesses to train a lot of people at once - the way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home