Monday, March 28, 2005

Dog in a bag was almost killed by a Bald Eagle today


Dog in a bag
Originally uploaded by spappyjones.

My dog was out with my dogwalker. They went to a beach on Puget Sound with the pack of 10 or so dogs he walks. At one point he was looking up the beach. My dog digger was chasing Goldie down the beach and an adult Bald Eagle was chasing\gliding 15 feet above digger. It scared the shit out of my dogwalker, he yelled at the dogs, which caused them to change direction and the eagle flared and flew up to a tree in the far distance.

This was news to me, I was not aware that Bald Eagles around Seattle took 15 lb dogs as prey. They tend to eat fish and dead stuff on the beach. I wish I could have see it or took pictures of the event.

It would kill me to lose the little fellah but think of the story, the legacy, "yeah he is gone now, a bald eagle picked him up and flew away with him. What are you gonna do?

Apparently Bald Eagles only have 4 pounds of lifting potential. But I am sure it could still tear some nice gashes in Diggs back.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home