Friday, December 21, 2007

Our lives on Amtrak

Here is a vid from our trials and travails upon the 24 hr trip on Amtrak's Empire Builder service to Scobey and beyond. Over all the trip was good, I found it hard to sleep on the bathroom floor, I bought the family tickets for a sleeper but I just hobo it and snuck on at the first crossing out of the station. I would recommend the experience - if you buy a ticket on a sleeper and are not bringing very young children. It is really quite relaxing and a very pretty trip. The accommodations are pretty good for 30 years old stock. It is the really only way to get to Scobey other than drive and I think it is better than driving from a safety standpoint not to met ion less cost. For all 4 of us in a sleeper it was 900 bucks and that includes food. The drive would have been about 19 hours straight and the train took 24 hours.


Video: Amtrak to Scobey MT for Thanksgiving

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home