Sunday, June 26, 2005

Verdi's Requiem gets pre-empted for 3 lbs of Pork Loin

jerry

(modified from a message I just sent my mom)
Actually yesterday afternoon. Andrew our across the street friend and his wife Emily (the one carrying twins) wanted to know if we wanted to come to dinner. Being one to not jump at the drop of the hat on dinner plans over a symphony (using the term lightly because Verdi wrote the piece) he made it a bit more juicy so to speak, "I have a 3 pound Natural Pork Loin from Whole Foods Market that is now marinating (it was around 1 pm). At that point the opera was out the window. Andrew and Em have had us over for filet mingion about 4 weeks ago, that steak blew my mind, I knew this would as well and it did. i asked him what I can bring - dessert. So Shawn and I picked up a multi layer Strawberry laced white cake from the special cake bakery a few blocks over (Simply Desserts). We will have to get one of those cakes for your visit in oct. It was incredible, a great way to finish off the fest. And so goes the Italian opera composer. Even a German or Austrian concert composer may be bumped out for a dinner at Drew and Emily's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home